Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.17 On Wayland Still Needs More Work

Phoronix: GNOME 3.17 On Wayland Still Needs More Work

Fedora developer Kevin Fenzi has shared his experiences with testing the latest GNOME 3.18 development release, v3.17.3, on Wayland with Fedora Rawhide...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Not to mention the frame of video player totem and the video-content end up in totally different places on the screen (at least on my end)

Comment

There?s some weird spacing issues. I usually run with 2 terminals, each taking 1/2 of the screen. If I do this under gnome/X11 they fill up the entire screen, in gnome/wayland there is about a 1/2 in space around each terminal when I side tile them.
      Could this be related to drop-shadows of windows being considered as part of their frame?

Comment

Originally posted by utack View Post
        Not to mention the frame of video player totem and the video-content end up in totally different places on the screen (at least on my end)

You mean the video content being separate from the window? That was fixed in latest version of clutter-gtk even before 3.16 release.

Such as the embed inside a GtkStack, as used in Cheese or Totem. With help from Matthias Clasen (positioning inside the window), and Jasper St. Pierre (Wayland API help). https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=736564

If it's something else, I suggest you fill a bug. I notified developers about this and it was fixed in about a week (they have a pretty good response time, especially when you bother them on irc ;D).

Comment

Still feels like the Wayland backend for GTK+ needs some work.

Comment

Working...
          X