No announcement yet.

Catalyst 15.7 Bring Multi-Device Support For OpenCL 2.0, Carrizo Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalyst 15.7 Bring Multi-Device Support For OpenCL 2.0, Carrizo Improvements

Phoronix: Catalyst 15.7 Bring Multi-Device Support For OpenCL 2.0, Carrizo Improvements

The Catalyst 15.7 Linux graphics driver was just released, one day longer than anticipated...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Also includes support for OpenGL 4.5 and OpenGL perf improvements. I am seeing ~10% perf improvements in CSGO and ~45% perf improvements in Dota 2 Reborn with a Radeon R9 285, haven't tried other games yet. I am also hearing about OpenCL perf improvements.

Also, native Ubuntu packages are avaible again:

Download Ubuntu (32-bit): http://support.amd.com/en-us/downloa...=Ubuntu+x86+32
    Download Ubuntu (64-bit): http://support.amd.com/en-us/downloa...=Ubuntu+x86+64

Comment

only 3.19 kernel, the catalyst in ubuntu 15.10 already had a patch for 4.0,... the years pass and nothing change

Comment

You AMD are too lazy my next card will be green, enough of this stupid driver

Comment

Originally posted by Scellow View Post
          I think they lack more man power that they are lazy...

Comment

Originally posted by Scellow View Post
            Your contribution to worsen the situation just a little more.

Comment

I think with every release there are less things to complain about... Is there any other driver for any other vendor for any OS which supports both OpenGL 4.5 and OpenCL 2.0?

Comment

Good news, Seem to have another bump in perf with these AMD seem to be doing something good.

Comment

One question :
                  It seems that this driver supports Fury GPU
                  But it doesn't support the kernels above 3.19
                  Or, AFAIK this driver should use the new AMDGPU kernel driver in order to support Fiji (and tonga) GPU, wich is only available with the latest kernels...
                  Did I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by bountykiller View Post
                    One question :
                    It seems that this driver supports Fury GPU
                    But it doesn't support the kernels above 3.19
                    Or, AFAIK this driver should use the new AMDGPU kernel driver in order to support Fiji (and tonga) GPU, wich is only available with the latest kernels...
                    Did I miss something?
                    This has nothing to do with AMDGPU. Catalyst-OpenGL addon for AMDGPU is coming in late 2015/2016.

Comment

Working...
                    X