Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 1.7.47 Supports Direct2D Text Drawing, Thread Pool API

Phoronix: WIne 1.7.47 Supports Direct2D Text Drawing, Thread Pool API

Wine 1.7.47 was just released as the newest bi-weekly development version of this popular open-source project to run Windows programs on Linux and other Unix-like operating systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

In this wine release solve wine bug 6955 related to vertex blending thanks to J?zef Kucia

Other games affected with this is tron 2, shade wrath of angels and maybe others

Comment

Does this mean that now DWrite text in Steam actually works and messing with the registry is no longer needed?

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
        Does this mean that now DWrite text in Steam actually works and messing with the registry is no longer needed?
        No text in steam still needed disable directwrite in this wine version

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post

No text in steam still needed disable directwrite in this wine version

Guess we'll see another Steam UI before it gets supported... It could be an easy temporary fix though, not reporting DWrite to be available until it's available. Works wonders in Windows XP...

Comment

I narrowed down the wine git commit when Steam text stopped working some years ago but never filed a bug because I think I lost my Wine bug reporting password and never got around to making a new one.

Comment

Do you guys also get an almost slide-show resembling stuttering with Crysis 2 in the very beginning ?

Right when you dive up out of the submarine it takes ages

The second time when the nano suite appears

After that it worked fine - this with WINE 1.7.47 staging and CSMT

Comment

Well, the stuttering (video + sound) happens even right from the beginning as soon as game graphics kick in (graphics options "High", NO motion blur),

that's when the submarine is shown from outside the fade-out (screen slowly turning darker) is really really slow

Comment

Working...
                X