Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Is Getting An Expansion

Phoronix: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Is Getting An Expansion

A few days ago Beamdog announced Siege Of Dragonspear, an expansion pack for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm waiting for a humble bundle store option or something to buy the Android and desktop version in one. This isn't consoles where you need stupid plastic discs or a whole stack proprietary distribution system for their network downloads. I know Humble is pretty much the only Android + desktop DRM free game distributor (GOG doesn't provide apks I don't think) but as someone who both wants to try out the enhanced editions but also wants to do so on both my Android and Arch devices, I just will not pay twice for the same game like that.

Comment

Well, nice, time to get some good beer and experience BG once again. Who would had guessed, was it 1998 when BG was released, that it would be played around the world 20 years after

Comment

Playing the old BG 1 has some unique feeling to it. And then moving to BG2ToB.

Comment

Originally posted by riklaunim View Post
          Playing the old BG 1 has some unique feeling to it. And then moving to BG2ToB.
          It certainly does. The original UI was very cold and forlorn. The heavy rock grinding when you clicked buttons made it all the more deep and meaningful in your in-game intereractions. Along with the unique characters, the story and the music it really was a well done game all round, albeit a little bit empty in the maps which to me, really made each encounter all the more eventful (because in reality, that's what would actually happen. Wandering around for f-ing ages who wouldn't be looking for action on the way!).

And Mick, it's Irenicus. The way you've spelled it, you would pronounce it 'Eye-run-ee-shuss' =D
          Hi

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post

It certainly does. The original UI was very cold and forlorn. The heavy rock grinding when you clicked buttons made it all the more deep and meaningful in your in-game intereractions. Along with the unique characters, the story and the music it really was a well done game all round, albeit a little bit empty in the maps which to me, really made each encounter all the more eventful (because in reality, that's what would actually happen. Wandering around for f-ing ages who wouldn't be looking for action on the way!).

And Mick, it's Irenicus. The way you've spelled it, you would pronounce it 'Eye-run-ee-shuss' =D
            Misspelling was my fault Stiixy
            All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post

Misspelling was my fault Stiixy
              hah, no biggy. No people were harmed in the making of this article =D Some nice news about an old classic that should provide some amusement until Tides of Numenera comes out.
              Hi

Comment

Working...
              X