Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marek At AMD Has Been Finishing Up EGL 1.5 Support In Mesa

Phoronix: Marek At AMD Has Been Finishing Up EGL 1.5 Support In Mesa

Marek Olš?k on Sunday sent out his latest patch series with the last of the EGL 1.5 bits for those on Linux using this modern interface over GLX...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I am more interested in upcoming streamout patches and shader caching mechanisms, personally.

Comment

Will there be any noticeable improvement to the existing code? Or is it just to conform to the latest upstream spec?

Comment

What is the current state of implementation?
        Does Mesa still need GLX for OpenGL?

Comment

Originally posted by boffo View Post
          What is the current state of implementation?
          Does Mesa still need GLX for OpenGL?
          I don't know for 100%, but I don't think so. Some of the mesa drivers work with older versions of android.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
            I am more interested in upcoming streamout patches and shader caching mechanisms, personally.
            Streamout, as in transform feedback? Hasn't that been done for a long time?

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
              Streamout, as in transform feedback? Hasn't that been done for a long time now?

Comment

I sent version 1 of these patches about a month ago, this is version 2 of what remains to be pushed (the other patches have been pushed already).

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
                  I sent version 1 of these patches about a month ago, this is version 2 of what remains to be pushed (the other patches have been pushed already).
                  awesome work, very happy radeonsi user btw the tessalation patches work like a boss in Metro redux and Last Light Redux too really TYVM for all your hard work is very appreciated

Comment

So I take it then it is these patches that allow Metro redux to work with radeonsi? If so then cool. Very cool.

Comment

Working...
                    X