Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Core i7 5775C Is Still Running Into Issues On Linux

Phoronix: The Core i7 5775C Is Still Running Into Issues On Linux

It's been over a week now playing with the Intel Core i7 5775C on Linux and unfortunately problems persist even after buying another Intel Z97 motherboard...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is it only Linux related or does Windows (10) crash as well?

Comment

It also depends on the load it seems. Yesterday I compiled the rcutorture module, and loaded it up. It would run happily with nearly 100% load on all 8 cores without crash, but as soon as the X-Server starts the system would crash at some point, and I would get MCEs.

Comment

Do you use DDR3L?

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          Do you use DDR3L?
          Me? No. CPU supports both voltages, shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

I've been watching this and the related threads with interest, in hope of some breakthrough solution. I'm not a linux user, but have issues myself with the 5775c + GIGABYTE GA-Z97-HD3 rev2.0, on windows 8.1

I get apparently random system freezes (and need to reset the computer), usually in low workload conditions. I've tried disabling HT, TurboBoost, C6/C7 states, SpeedStep and nothing helped. I'm now waiting for another motherboard model.

I'm thinking it's crappy bios...

Comment

Originally posted by utopic View Post
              I've been watching this and the related threads with interest, in hope of some breakthrough solution. I'm not a linux user, but have issues myself with the 5775c + GIGABYTE GA-Z97-HD3 rev2.0, on windows 8.1

I get apparently random system freezes (and need to reset the computer), usually in low workload conditions. I've tried disabling HT, TurboBoost, C6/C7 states, SpeedStep and nothing helped. I'm now waiting for another motherboard model.

I'm thinking it's crappy bios...
              Have you contacted GIGABYTE? Maybe they can fix this problem, or at least verify it exists. Although I have contacted both my mainboard vendors, and they replied, but offered no solution yet. Asrock as one of them had problems, too, under linux, and they said their engineering team was notified about this.

You could also try the intel processor diagnostic tools, there is a windows version, so you can have your CPU checked. The source of these problems seem to be hard to find.

Comment

Do you use DDR3L?

Comment

Same problem for me with i7-5775c and Linux Ubuntu o fedora kernel panic. I have an asrock z97 pro 4. Yesterday evening I was able to install Windows 10 without problems

Comment

Working...
                  X