Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Insane Power Use Of Benchmarking Linux Every Day

Phoronix: The Insane Power Use Of Benchmarking Linux Every Day

While a lot of results are produced on LinuxBenchmarking.com of daily automated open-source/Linux tests and separately on Phoronix.com, these results do not come free but require a great deal of resources to keep going...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hi Michael,

Thank you for all the content. I've been visiting Phoronix for a couple of years. I've just registered to let to know that I like the articles, and would like to subscribe. Its just a bit difficult with payal, do you have any other options coming up? I have add block off on your site. But I suspect that some money directly too you would go to better use.

On the other side: Hi every one else, since I registered I might as well start talking in the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by GoatFounDeR View Post
      Hi Michael,

Thank you for all the content. I've been visiting Phoronix for a couple of years. I've just registered to let to know that I like the articles, and would like to subscribe. Its just a bit difficult with payal, do you have any other options coming up? I have add block off on your site. But I suspect that some money directly too you would go to better use.

On the other side: Hi every one else, since I registered I might as well start talking in the forums.
      About time we get a goat around here. Just as a heads up, if you want a pleasant experience here, avoid commenting on any of the political articles or anything involving Lennart Poettering and his projects (like systemd or pulseaudio). Anyway - welcome.

Comment

Ouch. That's "only" 4KW average draw but it sure is a lot higher (and $$$-ier) than normal household use.
        Test signature

Comment

The exchange rate are not in my favour, as 1 US$ equals to 3.2 of my currency, but any tip is better than none

Comment

You could try a "sponsor a sever" and give people some naming rights (done in a tasteful way of course).

You could always sell hats to forum users :-)

Comment

How about letting premium members have avatars in the forums?

Comment

Ok, so you have a computer farm, time now to build a solar farm?

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                  About time we get a goat around here. Just as a heads up, if you want a pleasant experience here, avoid commenting on any of the political articles or anything involving Lennart Poettering and his projects (like systemd or pulseaudio). Anyway - welcome.
                  Thank you,

And I'm proud to be the first goat (goatse has nothing to do with me . On the power consumption:Where I live they charge more if you use more per hour. Is it the same in the USA?

We get charged per the 'block' we use: Block 1 [1 - 600 kWh] R0.9451
                  Block 2 [600 - 700 kWh] R1.6064
                  Block 3 [700 + kWh] R4.5076

1USD = 12.34ZAR
                  So for block 3 it would be about 0.365 US Dollar.

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
                    The exchange rate are not in my favour, as 1 US$ equals to 3.2 of my currency, but any tip is better than none
                    I wish I could get that exchange rate. The problem I have is to get Paypal and those kind of things I have to change Banks. or pay a premium to 'deposit' money

Comment

Working...
                    X