Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe Releases Flash Version 11.2.202.356: Update NOW

Phoronix: Adobe Releases Flash Version 11.2.202.356: Update NOW

Over the last week security researchers have been combing through the 400-gigabyte treasure trove of documents from The Hacking Team's hacked servers. The Hacking Team is an Italian based company that specializes in de-anonymization, decryption, and other subversive technologies such as sanctioned spyware that they sell to nation states world-wide...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Everybody who still uses flash deserves to be shot in the head. There is absolutely no reason to ever install it.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
      Everybody who still uses flash deserves to be shot in the head. There is absolutely no reason to ever install it.
      Except that 90% of all webpages still heavily rely on it... Even opening Gmail without flash will result in a warning and reduced functionality.

Comment

But the current version is 11.2.202.481 and I got it few days ago (9 July).

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
          Trolls sure are trolls, but then again some people do have a short sighted perspective. The mass majority of desktop users uses Flash plugin because it is needed for their everyday browsing. Of course an professional level you really don't. Flash is for multimedia/entertainment anyways and some like to do or watch something entertaining so can you really blame that people uses flash for that. If anything is the company that delivers a poor product should be condemned. Then we have the other side, if people start telling other people (in other medium) to use flash plugin less.. well that's a whole different topic of discussion and a viable way to prevent people to using this crap which is Adobe Flash.

Comment

If anything is the company that delivers a poor product should be condemned.
            Webmasters or so called web designers who use flash should be condemned

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post

Except that 90% of all webpages still heavily rely on it... Even opening Gmail without flash will result in a warning and reduced functionality.
              It's unlikely that Gmail uses Flash for much. It's probably for some sort of clipboard interaction which is something that cannot be done without Flash and still be expected to work. Google Play Music also uses Flash, and actually doesn't work without it.
              Last edited by randomizer; 15 July 2015, 09:09 AM.

Comment

The thing is plugins like video download helper or flashget need to start the stream before they can hash out the URL. I don't know if it's possible to hash out the video url without flash installed.

Comment

Yesterday I uninstalled flash completely. Only a couple websites I frequent still worked and the rest did not. So until those sites get off their ass, I can't do anything. I also tested out shumway and it didn't do anything but give errors about a MIME type. So I'm ready here, but the Internet isn't.

Since VLC seems to play these live streams just fine, I was hoping there was a way to just embed the VLC player in place of these default streams inside the webpage but I can't find anything for that.

The only way to resolve this is for Flash to die and that would force these idiots to move to HTML5.

Comment

I'm w/o flash for 5 years w/o problems.
                    In worst case, I need to use iPad UA

Comment

Working...
                    X