Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open-Source Linux Graphics: A10-7870K Godavari vs. i7-4790K Haswell vs. i7-5775C Broadwell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open-Source Linux Graphics: A10-7870K Godavari vs. i7-4790K Haswell vs. i7-5775C Broadwell

Phoronix: Open-Source Linux Graphics: A10-7870K Godavari vs. i7-4790K Haswell vs. i7-5775C Broadwell

Earlier this week I posted some interesting Linux graphics benchmarks comparing the open-source Mesa/Gallium3D drivers for the Iris Pro 6200 Graphics on the Intel Core i7-5775C "Broadwell" CPU compared to several discrete graphics cards. Those results were quite interesting with this new socketed Intel CPU able to blow discrete mid-range AMD Radeon graphics cards out of the water on the open-source Linux drivers. Here's the next part of the testing in showing how the Iris Pro 6200 graphics compare to Haswell HD Graphics 4600 and the current top-end APU, the AMD A10-7870K Godavari.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Meh...no TF2 or CS:GO test :\

Comment

Excellent, an open-source APU matchup. Thanks Michael!

Comment

Strange match up. The i7-5775C is almost triple the price of an A10-7870K.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMachine View Post
          Strange match up. The i7-5775C is almost triple the price of an A10-7870K.
          There isn't much of another option... People want to see how the Iris Pro 6200 Graphics compare so I did the closest possible, AMD's highest-end APU. It's not that there is an APU that matches the price of the i7-5775C.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
            Meh...no TF2 or CS:GO test :\
            Steam was having issues on this F22 configuration.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Impressive. Here is how I'd like AMD to respond. An APU with Zen architecture (4/6 cores), with a BIG GPU, with HMB memory and a fast 4K encoder! An APU for enthusiast.

Comment

Originally posted by Article, page 2 View Post
                The i7-5775C was 70% faster than the i7-4790K and 2.15x the A10-7870K.
                Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Comment

These syntetic tests are bad - try Metro, Unigine, Bioshock infinite.. Witcher 2 would be also great.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

There isn't much of another option... People want to see how the Iris Pro 6200 Graphics compare so I did the closest possible, AMD's highest-end APU. It's not that there is an APU that matches the price of the i7-5775C.

Right. What I wonder is whether Intel will provide i5's and i3's with Iris Pro 6200. That would be killer! Particularly, the latter could compete with AMD in Console APU arena. The IPC is still much, much better than AMD, so they could really kill it (which I would personally hate, competition is good!)

Comment

Working...
                    X