Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android-x86 4.4-r3 Adds Nouveau Hardware Acceleration

Phoronix: Android-x86 4.4-r3 Adds Nouveau Hardware Acceleration

While Android 5.0 Lollipop has been available since November of last year, Android-x86 stable is still currently based on 4.4 KitKat. Nevertheless, this independent effort for bettering Android support on Intel/AMD x86 systems is continuing to improve...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What would basing it off Android 5+ offer to Android-x86?

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by My8th View Post
      As I'm aware, radeonsi support, mainly because Lollipop has the required LLVM version

Maybe this can be achieved with Kitkat, but involves many changes.

reference: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!se...w/onTPoFiX-pgJ

Comment

Originally posted by My8th View Post
        Um... how about **ALL OF THE FEATURES OF 5.x** as a start.....

Comment

"now utilizes BlueZ for Bluetooth connectivity"

Good thing that x86 is losing relevance, this is sure to cause major breakage. Not that there is anything in particular that I don't like about BlueZ, but just that radical component switchouts like this always cause serious problems. Especially now that there is a whole boatload of new bluetooth features that Android has integrated through the whole system.

For instance, it has been established that BlueZ and Bluedroid don't quite get along when one is HFP and the other is HFP-client, which is now an option on Android. It is generally required for both sides to be BlueZ or both sides to be Bluedroid for that to work stable.

Comment

Working...
          X