Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dgit 1.0 Released: Making A Debian Archive Like A Git Repository

Phoronix: Dgit 1.0 Released: Making A Debian Archive Like A Git Repository

Ian Jackson announced the release of dgit 1.0 this weekend...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

If I understand right, the advantage of this for developers is the ability to track source code changes in each package as the package is bundled for Debian, instead of needing to hunt for this information or just download different versions and do manual diffs between them. Is that correct? Is there some other advantage I missed?

I wonder if this will enable people who like compile-everything-from-source Linux distributions like Gentoo to use Debian instead, and just run all of their software updates with something like "dgit pull && ./configure && make && sudo make install"

Comment

Originally posted by Michael_S View Post
      I wonder if this will enable people who like compile-everything-from-source Linux distributions like Gentoo to use Debian instead, and just run all of their software updates with something like "dgit pull && ./configure && make && sudo make install"
      For this, there already is apt-build.

Comment

Working...
      X