Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.4 Getting New Wallpaper, Some New Icons

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.4 Getting New Wallpaper, Some New Icons

There's some new artwork coming to the next KDE Plasma update due out next month, including a new wallpaper...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Personally, I kinda liked the old wallpaper better, but my opinion of the appearance doesn't really matter. Y'know why?

BECAUSE YOU CAN CHANGE IT.

I seriously don't understand why so many people moan about the DEFAULT themes of desktop environments, as though the appearance is the primary factor to consider. I know of people who didn't use Ubuntu strictly because they didn't like the orange theme, which blew my mind. There are much better reasons to not like Ubuntu, but the deciding factor was the color orange.
    It gets even more annoying, because these hypocrites will say "hurr durr XFCE looks better" after adding compiz and installing new themes.
    *rant over*

Keep up the progress, KDE devs.

Comment

For what it's worth;

No.

That diagonal 'thing' was bad last time, and it is worse now. The 'back-up' is the same. Please stop this route. I 'see' and 'get' what's supposed to be going on, but it's not organic, it's not natural, it's too 'LSD' and when I look at it (which I shouldn't be doing) I want nothing more than to change it. When I go to log in, I want to see my accounts and options; I dont need the dancing in the background in the foreground.

In fact, I'd prefer dancing over those pictures.
      Last edited by stiiixy; 21 July 2015, 10:00 AM.
      Hi

Comment

I always use a solid color background with no icons. Anything else is distracting.

Comment

Somebody take away this guy's crayons before more nausea spreads through these very ugly wall papers. Why is it so hard to something clean and easy. One color or a two color blend is all. Make it easy on the eyes, don't light up the desktop

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
            Personally, I kinda liked the old wallpaper better, but my opinion of the appearance doesn't really matter. Y'know why?

BECAUSE YOU CAN CHANGE IT.

I seriously don't understand why so many people moan about the DEFAULT themes of desktop environments, as though the appearance is the primary factor to consider. I know of people who didn't use Ubuntu strictly because they didn't like the orange theme, which blew my mind. There are much better reasons to not like Ubuntu, but the deciding factor was the color orange.
            It gets even more annoying, because these hypocrites will say "hurr durr XFCE looks better" after adding compiz and installing new themes.
            *rant over*

Keep up the progress, KDE devs.
            It has a lot to do with this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkin..._of_triviality , but yeah... I don't understand people making such decisions based on easily changable aesthetics either. I will say though that during the short stretch that I used it, Ubuntu is the only distribution that made me go to the trouble of rethemeing it from the ground up because it was so ugly.

Comment

I'm not sure I care for the mixture of colors. It does look rather chaotic, but the design otherwise is really cool.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud View Post
                Somebody take away this guy's crayons before more nausea spreads through these very ugly wall papers. Why is it so hard to something clean and easy. One color or a two color blend is all. Make it easy on the eyes, don't light up the desktop
                If you are such an expert, it's easy for you to come up with a better design.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                  For me it's because on KDE there aren't many good alternatives. There are like four somewhat decent themes: Breeze, Oxygen, Bespin and Skulpture. Breeze being easily the best. That means if I still don't like it there is nothing better available.(I do like it though)

In my opinion Gnome is much better in this regard. It has a lot more good themes to choose from. I wonder why. Is it easier to make themes for Gnome?

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post

If you are such an expert, it's easy for you to come up with a better design.
                    I accept your challenge: "background: 878787"

Comment

Working...
                    X