Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LibreOffice Should Now Be Working Okay On Wayland

Phoronix: LibreOffice Should Now Be Working Okay On Wayland

A few days ago was the milestone of LibreOffice starting to work on Wayland and now it seems the support seems good enough for day-to-day use...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is a good news.

Comment

Yeaaaaah

Comment

Firefox on Wayland is the key. Chrome/chromium afaik don't support Wayland OOTB (don't care about a wayland plugin somewhere you have to get and apply yourself).

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
          Firefox on Wayland is the key. Chrome/chromium afaik don't support Wayland OOTB (don't care about a wayland plugin somewhere you have to get and apply yourself).
          There are devs working on Chromium wayland > https://github.com/01org/ozone-wayland but no idea how well it works. Last time i tried to build it -some time ago- i didn't work for me. Other people said it worked. YMMV.

And yes FF on WL can't come soon enough.

Comment

If firefox will be on wayland I'll change browser or howevever I'll use it again. chrome developpers are a bit incompetents. html5 60FPS they have made disasters on AMD VGA.
            Last edited by Azrael5; 22 July 2015, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Can't help it, but I feel that the LO GUI is really dated. Looks ugly and I wish some GUI expert could make it look nice. For instance, there is too much white space in the font drop down box.

Comment

Originally posted by dajomu View Post
                For instance, there is too much white space in the font drop down box.
                Yeah, that's one thing that annoys me about GTK3, too ...

Comment

Working...
                X