Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon R9 Fury In Stock & Ordered, Linux Tests Are Imminent

Phoronix: Radeon R9 Fury In Stock & Ordered, Linux Tests Are Imminent

In the middle of the night I got an auto-notification... The Radeon R9 Fury is finally in-stock! Few minutes later, this Fiji HBM graphics card was ordered for some Linux testing. We'll have out the first major AMD Fury graphics card tests under Linux in the next few days...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

You should get a GTX 980 too, so we can compare with all the Windows benchmarks between them out there. The GTX 980 has a completely different GPU from the 980 Ti, so it wouldn't be a waste to buy one.

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
      You should get a GTX 980 too, so we can compare with all the Windows benchmarks between them out there. The GTX 980 has a completely different GPU from the 980 Ti, so it wouldn't be a waste to buy one.
      I have a GTX 980... I guess you missed those reviews: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ch&q=GTX%20980 And obviously will be used as part of the forthcoming tests. Unlike AMD, I get samples on basically every NVIDIA GPU.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

I have a GTX 980... I guess you missed those reviews: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ch&q=GTX%20980 And obviously will be used as part of the forthcoming tests. Unlike AMD, I get samples on basically every NVIDIA GPU.
        And after that you will still see daily AMD fanboys on this forum whining about your preference for NVidia in your benchmarks... shame on them.

This R9 Fury will make a good competitor for high end cards reviews, thank you once again for all those good tests

Comment

As far as I'm aware, there are currently no Steam Machines (running Steam OS) planned that use AMD [graphics]. Until that happens, I don't think AMD will ever send out free samples. I think they know that they aren't going to "win" in any benchmarks for a while, so no point in them basically paying for a negative advertisement.

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post
            And after that you will still see daily AMD fanboys on this forum whining about your preference for NVidia in your benchmarks... shame on them.
            Shame? Really, people are not quilty nor they should be ashamed, because AMD does not send samples to phoronix

Can i publicly ask (what is next...) AMD, please send Micheal one Fury Nano next month

Comment

I would like to see tests with both Metro Redux titles (because of OpenGL 4), Bioshock 3, TF2 and CS:GO (for all Source engine games with CAP and without). Unigine is fine, but somehow basically no Linux games use that, Oilrush is a joke... Maybe a 2nd UE3 game (maybe i should try to benchmark Goat Simulator) and what many games use: Unity.

Comment

Please posts news, don't post not-news. Post when you got something to show, don't post that you ordered it. Nobody cares.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                  Please posts news, don't post not-news. Post when you got something to show, don't post that you ordered it. Nobody cares.
                  You may not be interested, but others are for knowing the tests are coming in the next few days if holding off for some results before placing an order, recommending tests or other stuff prior to the tests happening rather than after it's already too late, etc... Anyhow, given that it's my site, I'll continue posting what I want.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Well, I'm not planning on buying one of these cards. My next upgrade cycle is planned around Zen, assuming it performs as well as I hope. If Zen doesn't perform I'll be buying my first Intel product since my last socket 370 Celeron 300a. (330% OC on that thing) Please AMD, Please, don't make me buy an Intel product. They don't deserve my money, but I deserve a kick ass processor.

EDIT: Even if it doesn't perform, please don't ruin marketing nomenclatures again. The -only- reason people think CMT architectures perform as bad as they do is because AMD screwed marketing nomenclatures for it. CMT is essentially unmarketable because AMD totally ruined what people think a core is. People take what -are- dual cores and compare them with Intel's quad cores. That's a situation that's set up for disappointment.

EDIT: Going along with that line of thought, AMD APU's are -not- quad cores. They call them so, but they are -not-. I'm still suggesting that every time you see a core count for a CMT architecture product, just cut that number in half. From an ISA perspective it takes a module to provide core functionality, and that's the only perspective that matters when defining what a core is. The module -is- the core despite AMD ruining marketing nomenclatures.
                    Last edited by duby229; 21 July 2015, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X