Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kodi 15.0 Released, Adds Adaptive Seeking & More

Phoronix: Kodi 15.0 Released, Adds Adaptive Seeking & More

Kodi 15 was released today as the second major version since its renaming from XBMC...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Kodi 15 plays South Park Studios videos without Ads via Video Addon - so I guess that's pretty nice.

Comment

I am currently testing Kodi 15/16 on my FireTV (Stick), but VNSI does not seem to be working correctly, tested 15 final already. 14.2 is ok.

Comment

Is it still unstable junk that crashes after a few minutes? That's the experience I had on Debian Sid with the 14.x branch.

Comment

I don't think that's the case, what codec did crash for you? Press o for more info.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
            Is it still unstable junk that crashes after a few minutes? That's the experience I had on Debian Sid with the 14.x branch.
            I've been using XBMP/XBMC/Kodi since Xbox 1, and I can tell you that's not normal behaviour. I have a huge library of 30-40GB MKV's and it never fails on me. There has absolutely been bugs in the past, especially when using certain addons. But the past few years it's been rock solid. It's one of the very few media center solutions that supports HD audio and true 24p playback.

Comment

Working...
            X