Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's Mesa DRI Driver Now Supports Shader Subroutines

Phoronix: Intel's Mesa DRI Driver Now Supports Shader Subroutines

This week Mesa development is very exciting with OpenGL 4.0~4.1 support being reached and the open-source hardware drivers now just filling in their gaps. Intel's Mesa i965 DRI driver is getting ready to declare OpenGL 4.0 compliance...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And OpenGL 4.1 is also complete now!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by rastersoft; 24 July 2015, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Show Mesa progress for the OpenGL implementation into an easy to read HTML page.

Comment

Originally posted by rastersoft View Post
        Wow, congrats Mesa devs!

Comment

Originally posted by rastersoft View Post
          Not on Intel. Read the article, Intel is still missing two 4.0 and one 4.1 extension.

4.2 will be completed soon though, it appears that ARB_shader_image_load_store is close to done.

Comment

"Let's hope intel will finish off tessellation and emulated double precision floats in just under two months"

LMAO WHAT

Comment

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
              "Let's hope intel will finish off tessellation and emulated double precision floats in just under two months"

LMAO WHAT
              Thought the same think. Heard Intel is aiming at GLES 3.1 now. I don't think they'll even try getting started on tessellation before that's released. And then, they'll still be a year off completing tess (I'm supposing most of the tessellation work goes into the shader compiler and can't be shared with the other drivers).

Comment

Originally posted by jntesteves View Post

Thought the same think. Heard Intel is aiming at GLES 3.1 now. I don't think they'll even try getting started on tessellation before that's released. And then, they'll still be a year off completing tess (I'm supposing most of the tessellation work goes into the shader compiler and can't be shared with the other drivers).
                To be fair, I think Chris Forbes has gotten started on it a year ago (same time work for it began in radeonsi/noveau): https://github.com/chrisforbes/mesa/commits/tess-i965-7
                But as you said, really doubtful whether finishing it is a priority for intel at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                X