Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cradle, A Unigine Linux Game, Finally Launches On Steam

Phoronix: Cradle, A Unigine Linux Game, Finally Launches On Steam

Back in 2011 we were talking about Cradle as the latest Unigine Engine game and it was expected to launch in 2012 with Linux support. Three years later, this game has finally launched on Steam with Linux support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Can't believe Unigine managed to sell a license. We live in a strange world.

Comment

I promised dev a sale, so insta buy... lets see now...

Comment

The optimization leaves something to be desired and Alt+Tab doesn't work plus screenshots are garbled, but otherwise it runs okay and it seems like a pretty interesting game. I'm pretty early into the game, but I'm liking it so far.

Comment

This game is completely unplayable for me and anyone else with a non-qwerty keyboard layout, because it DOESN'T SUPPORT REBINDING KEYS. Something as simple and standard as that, which every single other fscking game supports.

Any sane game these days should 1) let the user rebind keys 2) use SCANCODES (detect physical location of key on the keyboard rather than using the character from the software layout). This game has neither. Disappointing. Big usability issue.

I even tried looking into the game files to see if there is a plaintext config somewhere that I could manually edit. Well, I found a file that looked like one, but it didn't work.

So yeah, I just gave 12 EUR for a game that I can't even play without butchering my xorg config.

What a shame. I was really hyped and excited to play this...

Comment

Originally posted by tajjada View Post
            This game is completely unplayable for me and anyone else with a non-qwerty keyboard layout, because it DOESN'T SUPPORT REBINDING KEYS. Something as simple and standard as that, which every single other fscking game supports.

Any sane game these days should 1) let the user rebind keys 2) use SCANCODES (detect physical location of key on the keyboard rather than using the character from the software layout). This game has neither. Disappointing. Big usability issue.

I even tried looking into the game files to see if there is a plaintext config somewhere that I could manually edit. Well, I found a file that looked like one, but it didn't work.

So yeah, I just gave 12 EUR for a game that I can't even play without butchering my xorg config.

What a shame. I was really hyped and excited to play this...

if you check steam forums. people already reported this bug and got positive response about fix http://steamcommunity.com/app/361550...1589892927197/

and someone posted temp solution too

Comment

Unigine was there fully backing Linux gaming, back when Steam on Linux was still a faint pipe dream. Those guys reserve respect. I also remember this Cradle game being mentioned somewhere around that time. Good to see it didn't die like Dilogus (which I even donated money to, lol).

Comment

if you played for less than 2 hours, you could get your money back

Comment

Anyone tried it on radeonsi?

Comment

Good to know, because I use NEO 2 and was just thinking about buying the game.

Comment

Working...
                    X