Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonSI Gets OpenGL 4.5 Derivative Control Support

Phoronix: RadeonSI Gets OpenGL 4.5 Derivative Control Support

The latest OpenGL 4+ activity in Mesa this week is a Saturday commit landing another OpenGL 4.5 extension for AMD's RadeonSI Gallium3D driver for GCN graphics processors...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good thing you posted this, we expect an extension a day now.

Comment

Originally posted by Deavir View Post
      Good thing you posted this, we expect an extension a day now.
      Im honestly kind of wondering if we're gonna see a bit of a 'sprint' to see how many 4.x's we can knock out before the next release...
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

What does he even mean by "Mesa being OpenGL 4.2 compliant"? Mesa is not a driver...

Comment

Ancurio,
          Once it's on MESA, nouveau or radeon developers can 'easily' implement it.

Mesa matrix is looking good!
          Show Mesa progress for the OpenGL, OpenGL ES, Vulkan and OpenCL drivers implementations into an easy to read HTML page.

Comment

OpenGL 4.3 may be the more interesting version as it marks the end of S3TC

Comment

It is kind of sad to see r600 start to fall behind. Hopefully it will catch up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
                What does he even mean by "Mesa being OpenGL 4.2 compliant"? Mesa is not a driver...
                Mesa is a software layer that implements (among other things) the OpenGL APIs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post

Im honestly kind of wondering if we're gonna see a bit of a 'sprint' to see how many 4.x's we can knock out before the next release...
                  I would definitely like my Carrizo laptop to expose full OGL 4.1 when I buy it in one or two weeks.

Comment

Hey all. First time writer on this excellent forum. Thanks Michael for doing all this work.

There seems to be a potential blocker for fast ARB_gpu_shader5 support on radeonSI.
                    Does anyone knows what Dave Arlie's comment on indirect samplers on mesa git means?
                    "radeonsi: add support for indirect samplers (v2)
                    This adds the frontend support, however the llvm backend produces the wrong pattern, however we can conditionalise enabling ARB_gpu_shader5 on whatever version of llvm we fix this in."

is this something that won't be fixed with LLVM 3.7 and hence drag out OGL 4+ for radeonSI to 3.8?

Comment

Working...
                    X