Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Phoronix Test Suite Is Running On Windows 10

Phoronix: The Phoronix Test Suite Is Running On Windows 10

I've been playing with Windows 10 since yesterday... I must applaud Microsoft that it's a heck of a lot better than Windows 8, as the Windows 10 desktop experience is alright and Edge is nicer than Internet Explorer, but I still don't have any intentions on switching back to Windows this lifetime...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Regardless of how it may look sometimes, rest assured, you are definitely not unappreciated.

Comment

I agree with Mike. As a premium subscriber, your work is definitely appreciated Michael!

Comment

The most interesting part would be CS:GO, TF2, L4D2 cross platform but the settings would be different...

Comment

Glad to hear you got PTS working on Win10, because Heaven and Valley constantly hang my whole system. Of all the benchmarks I have, I have only been able to run 3DMark05 (don't laugh) and that showed a pretty large drop in performance.

Comment

Good to hear that it's better than windows 8, although that's not really saying much as even windows 3.11 is better than 8.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
              Phoronix: The Phoronix Test Suite Is Running On Windows 10

I've been playing with Windows 10 since yesterday... I must applaud Microsoft that it's a heck of a lot better than Windows 8, as the Windows 10 desktop experience is alright and Edge is nicer than Internet Explorer, but I still don't have any intentions on switching back to Windows this lifetime...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ial-Experience
              I might be interested in doing code contributions but not this week and need a better understanding on what is actually required. I somewhat hate PHP but might be able to get over it for greater good...

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
                I might be interested in doing code contributions but not this week and need a better understanding on what is actually required. I somewhat hate PHP but might be able to get over it for greater good...
                The actual test profiles are just bash scripts and XML.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

ARE YOU PAID TO MAKE MICROSOFT PROPAGANDA!?

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
                    ARE YOU PAID TO MAKE MICROSOFT PROPAGANDA!?
                    Spot on, mate.
                    Obviously the 10+ years of Linux hardware and software reviews are a ploy to actually promote Windows 10. Luckily, you saw right through all that.

Comment

Working...
                    X