DragonFlyBSD Has Full-Acceleration Now Working For Intel Broadwell Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DragonFlyBSD Has Full-Acceleration Now Working For Intel Broadwell Graphics

Phoronix: DragonFlyBSD Has Full-Acceleration Now Working For Intel Broadwell Graphics

Francois Tigeot's latest effort on porting the Intel i915 DRM code from the Linux kernel to DragonFlyBSD has paid off in the form of full acceleration for Broadwell "Gen8" HD/Iris Graphics...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Broadwell on 3.16 is pretty unstable, it could freeze few times per week. Code from newer kernels should be ported for stable experience.

Comment

3.16 that's 5 years behind. Can't you BSD nuts see that it's already obsolete? But of course you love obsolete. The very purpose of your OSes existent pretty much that, obsolesce.

Matt Dillon should pretty much give up because he's just making a fool of himself.

Comment

Originally posted by endman View Post
        3.16 that's 5 years behind. Can't you BSD nuts see that it's already obsolete? But of course you love obsolete. The very purpose of your OSes existent pretty much that, obsolesce.

Matt Dillon should pretty much give up because he's just making a fool of himself.
        Don't you ever tire of being a pathetic retarded loser?

Comment

What should Matt Dillon waste his time with? He could make a distribution of the Darwin OS.

Comment

Originally posted by nasyt View Post
            What should Matt Dillon waste his time with? He could make a distribution of the Darwin OS.
            He clearly does not have the skill to contribute to the Linux kernel nor create or contribute to a distro. I thought maybe a mail server maintainer for one of the Linux distros but that's too much for him and besides you wouldn't want a former or current BSD affiliate to touch important systems. I think to best thing he can do is deliver coffee and beer for one of the Linux distros.

Comment

Originally posted by nasyt View Post
              What should Matt Dillon waste his time with?
              Do not feed the troll.

Comment

He clearly does not have the skill to contribute to the Linux kernel nor create or contribute to a distro.
                To make one thing clear: I NEVER SAID HE SHOULD CONTRIBUTE TO A LINUX DISTRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said he should 1. Get a Mac, 2. Compile the Darwin OS ( which is the Mac OS X core, Apple distributes under an open source license; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin...ting_system%29 ), 3. distribute that one

I thought maybe a mail server maintainer for one of the Linux distros but that's too much for him and besides you wouldn't want a former or current BSD affiliate to touch important systems. I think to best thing he can do is deliver coffee and beer for one of the Linux distros.
                You got me wrong: I didn't say, he should waste his time with linux.

He shouldn't waste his time with Linux!

Comment

You're amazing. I was a bit surprised by linux 3.16 being 5 years old, hence i check it and it's a bit less than 1 year old, see timestamp of https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/ker...-3.16.1.tar.gz

Comment

Working...
                  X