Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More AMD Radeon R9 Fury Linux Benchmarks

Phoronix: More AMD Radeon R9 Fury Linux Benchmarks

Continuing on from yesterday's first Linux review of the AMD Radeon R9 Fury, here are some more Catalyst Linux benchmarks from this $550 graphics card...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Any chance of getting the X-plane benchmark working again? We're currently at X-Plane 10.4 and the last update was X-plane 9 back in 2010. I'm not a big gamer, but I do a lot of flight simulation under Linux. These benchmarks don't mean much to me since I don't run any of those apps.
    Last edited by wiley_tom; 30 July 2015, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wiley_tom View Post
      Any change of getting the X-plane benchmark working again? We're currently at X-Plane 10.4 and the last update was X-plane 9 back in 2010. I'm not a big gamer, but I do a lot of flight simulation under Linux. These benchmarks don't mean much to me since I don't run any of those apps.
      I can check. Laminar Research was doing custom spins of XPlane for benchmarking by stripping out unneeded assets to reduce the size of the download + ensure automation was working well. Haven't heard from them in few years so will check back with my contact there.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by wiley_tom View Post
        Any change of getting the X-plane benchmark working again? We're currently at X-Plane 10.4 and the last update was X-plane 9 back in 2010. I'm not a big gamer, but I do a lot of flight simulation under Linux. These benchmarks don't mean much to me since I don't run any of those apps.
        Just sent out an update to them finding out about benchmark update.
        Michael Larabel

Comment

SuperTuxCart giving just 50% of FPS of Unigine Valley? What the hell?! Also I wonder if CPU matters. I guess powerful video card would work best with high-end CPU.

Comment

Originally posted by SystemCrasher View Post
            SuperTuxCart giving just 50% of FPS of Unigine Valley? What the hell?! Also I wonder if CPU matters. I guess powerful video card would work best with high-end CPU.
            At least with settings used for test, STK tends to perform slow even on blobs.

All tests are with the Core i7 5960X Extreme Edition, a rather high-end CPU.
            Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by SystemCrasher View Post
              Valley has profile, Supertuxkart does not... i think a tried renaming supertuxkart binary to openarena for much perfromance bump without any graphic issue, but that was with 0.8.1 STK version. 0.9 STK is much GPU hungry (maybe 4-5 times more them 0.8.1) and use modern extensions, so that hack likely does not apply anymore.

Not that i think STK 0.9 is good for vendor to vendor GPU comparison, as their engine is still in alpha stage... various drivers has some features enabled/disabled by default, those can differently affect performance of course, etc...
              Last edited by dungeon; 30 July 2015, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Cool results, do you see Micheal what happens with that "a disaster" card when game has profile in TF2 4K... Fury (non X) beat 980Ti and even Titan X there

Rename CS:GO to hl2_linux and beat them again

Disable Catalyst AI on those for even more performance.
                Last edited by dungeon; 30 July 2015, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Well AMD updated the Win 10 driver a little bit, do you think they have time for Linux now

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                    Cool results, do you see Micheal what happens with that "a disaster" card when game has profile in TF2 4K... Fury (non X) beat 980Ti and even Titan X there

Rename CS:GO to hl2_linux and beat them again

Disable Catalyst AI on those for even more performance.
                    After reading comments on three or four threads, my eyes are starting to bleed every time I see you spell Michael as "Micheal".

Comment

Working...
                    X