Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SteamOS Weekend Sale: Grab Some Linux Friendly Games

Phoronix: SteamOS Weekend Sale: Grab Some Linux Friendly Games

Earlier today Valve announced a weekend sale for SteamOS games...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

A couple of the games in the list actually don't support Linux. Farm Expert 2016 and The Binding Of Isaac (Steam version).

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
      A couple of the games in the list actually don't support Linux. Farm Expert 2016 and The Binding Of Isaac (Steam version).
      24 -2 = Catch 22

edit: now there are more

Comment

A few weeks ago I wanted to buy some Linux games

When I got to the step of buying them they wanted me to check a checkbox with the country I'm curently in
        Since I didn't understood what is really for and this is not my country I didn't check it

Then they said I should contact support
        When I got to the page to contact them they said to make an separate account just for that

I gave up

It's enough that Steam is DRM and I can't play my games outside of their platfom, now the want me to jump through hoops to buy some games

Until they stop with this crap I will not buy another game from them

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
          Update: Both of those games are in this sale because they, supposedly, have Linux ports in the works.
          All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

It's kind of odd that they've made a Linux version of KOTOR2. Also good since I have it.

Comment

well, nothing I am interested in ... no GL4 capable card (well at least drivers don't do ... R600g). and I have the regular Metro games already ... but it's nice to see such sales ... things are moving into the right direction with Linux gaming ...

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post

When I got to the step of buying them they wanted me to check a checkbox with the country I'm curently in
                Since I didn't understood what is really for and this is not my country I didn't check it

Then they said I should contact support
                When I got to the page to contact them they said to make an separate account just for that

I gave up

It's enough that Steam is DRM and I can't play my games outside of their platfom, now the want me to jump through hoops to buy some games

Until they stop with this crap I will not buy another game from them
                If you buy a game in country A you won't be able to play it in country B. Official reason i believe is the russian cheap key trading in the past.
                I will use gog in future in case i wanna buy something.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post

Laws are different for every countries concerning resellers. Some softwares are forbidden in some.

No internet site can sell you a product without knowing your country. Your point is.... paranoiac.

(But maybe I am spending a little time for a "I do not buy I want free and open source" troll one more time...)

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
                    Update: Both of those games are in this sale because they, supposedly, have Linux ports in the works.
                    The Humble Indie Bundle version of Binding of Isaac supports Linux so you can have some confidence that this port will be delivered.

Comment

Working...
                    X