Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Been One Month With The New Phoronix Site

Phoronix: It's Been One Month With The New Phoronix Site

One month ago marked the public roll-out of the new Phoronix site...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The new design is great! Reading on a phone is now quite pleasant. Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by joh??n View Post
      The new design is great! Reading on a phone is now quite pleasant. Well done!
      Thanks. What phone btw, just wondering.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Yes indeed! Very well done. I used to avoid reading phoronix on my ubuntu phone, but now the text scales perfectly! Cheers!

Comment

The only issue that I have is with the "scroll to the top" action that happens after the forum loads completely, besides that the new layout is awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Thanks. What phone btw, just wondering.
            Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, 4-inch screen, Android 4.1, FF as the browser.

Comment

It would be nice if the direct links to the later pages in forum posts still existed. It's a pain to manually go through the post to get to the page you want.

Comment

I enjoy the new layout on my phone too. The auto scroll to the top when reading the comments is annoying, since you always have to wait for the page to load completely before you can scroll. Nevertheless, great work! I enjoy this website each day.

For the electrical bill, i have a simple suggestion: reduce all the automated benchmarks. I dont mind to pay for this website, but I dislike to pay for the amount of servers running all day just for benchmarking.

Honestly how many of the news articles are actually a result of this automated benchmarking of those 50+ servers?

Comment

The new design is great, especially on phones (xperia T3 here, ~5"). But you could improve ads width, which slows down the forums. Autoscroll is a pain, too, as ArthurBorsboom said.

Comment

About forum scrolling, etc, yes, it's a pity but that's how vBulletin 5 operates and I hate the forum software too -- it's completely separate from rest of site.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X