Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox Nightly Now Supports W3C Pointer Events

Phoronix: Firefox Nightly Now Supports W3C Pointer Events

Mozilla has added support for the Pointer Events specification to the newest Firefox Nightly builds...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I mostly want to see Wayland support.

But also HTML5 input types are sorely missing, such as date, time, and date-time.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      I mostly want to see Wayland support.

But also HTML5 input types are sorely missing, such as date, time, and date-time.
      Totally agree. Even the new Edge browser bundled with Windowz 10 has a great date widget for the date type input. It doesn't really work (at least it didn't in my case, the input field was not filled out), but it is really easy to use. Firefox just gives a text field and I had to resort to JavaScript's datepicker widget to get the job done.

I would have thought they would have implemented at least basic support for this type by now.

Comment

Unimpressed so far. Get the new engine completed.

Comment

If it was not for the fact that Firefox is the only major browser that respects my privacy, I would have ditched it altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Saverios View Post

Totally agree. Even the new Edge browser bundled with Windowz 10 has a great date widget for the date type input. It doesn't really work (at least it didn't in my case, the input field was not filled out), but it is really easy to use. Firefox just gives a text field and I had to resort to JavaScript's datepicker widget to get the job done.

I would have thought they would have implemented at least basic support for this type by now.
            Agreed.

At work we have to support IE8+ and latest Chrome/Safari/Firefox... Soon, we'll be supporting latest version of each browser (yay for dumping IE8, IE9, and IE10 all at once). Firefox's date input is sorely lacking here... although we'll probably still keep using the jQuery-UI datepicker widget for UI consistency anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Saverios View Post
              Yeah, there is no support at all. Not only have they not implemented a widget, they haven't even bothered making it simply validate against a regex.

Comment

Working...
              X