Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE's Breeze Icons Get Expanded For Plasma 5.4

Phoronix: KDE's Breeze Icons Get Expanded For Plasma 5.4

For those wondering about the latest work done by the KDE Visual Design Group (VDG), they have more beautiful icons coming for Plasma 5.4...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Play, FF/RW buttons are hideous, a relic from the old icon set. Make it match the rest and it then won't look like a hack.

Comment

I just hope Oxygen will continue to be maintained. I don't care much for Breeze icons.

Comment

Great work KDE Visual Design Group (VDG).

Your improvements have made KDE immensely more usable by modern standards. The 1400+ new Icons are welcome, I can't wait until they improve GTK on KDE aswell as I still prefer many GTK apps over their Qt counterparts.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
          I just hope Oxygen will continue to be maintained. I don't care much for Breeze icons.
          As I wrote in my blog post I'll improve Breeze, Breeze Dark and I'll hope that I can also "maintanance" oxygen. We will see what I can do for 5.5. Next step are the applications and therefore I have to talk a lot with the dev's so we will see.

GTK 3 apps use most of the time standardized icons but in GTK2 there are a lot of gtk specific icons and some of them are included in breeze. So which apps do you prefer from GTK?

Comment

I prefer it the other way round; can't stand all the glowings-on in Oxygen. Breeze to me is a no-nonense flat look.
            Hi

Comment

Originally posted by Andreas_k View Post

As I wrote in my blog post I'll improve Breeze, Breeze Dark and I'll hope that I can also "maintanance" oxygen. We will see what I can do for 5.5. Next step are the applications and therefore I have to talk a lot with the dev's so we will see.

GTK 3 apps use most of the time standardized icons but in GTK2 there are a lot of gtk specific icons and some of them are included in breeze. So which apps do you prefer from GTK?
              It's very cool you posted here. Themes and consistency and such are topics many of us are highly interested in. Great work work Breeze BTW, IMO much better than Oxygen, it's too "glowy" or "glossy" maybe. Breeze hits a comfortable "matte" look better.

Comment

Good to hear.

I guess the most obvious one is Firefox. But that would require making a theme for it...

Then GPartEd, GIMP, Inkscape are probably worth a look.

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
                I prefer it the other way round; can't stand all the glowings-on in Oxygen. Breeze to me is a no-nonense flat look.
                To me Breeze is just unproductive due to too thin lines and no colours. It makes it difficult to tell at a glance what to press. And I do like the shading of Oxygen, I don't find it intrusive at all.

Comment

To me Breeze is just unproductive due to too thin lines and no colours. It makes it difficult to tell at a glance what to press. And I do like the shading of Oxygen, I don't find it intrusive at all.
                  Opposite for me. They had this gray look in early versions, but now everything is coloured. File icons for example, every file type has its own color, its very easy to distinguish things. Opposite to Adwaita, where everything is either gray or brown.

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
                    Opposite for me. They had this gray look in early versions, but now everything is coloured. File icons for example, every file type has its own color, its very easy to distinguish things. Opposite to Adwaita, where everything is either gray or brown.
                    Would be a bit of a pain in the bum if you were colour blind
                    Hi

Comment

Working...
                    X