Some Of The Changes To Be Found In Next Week's Fedora 23 Alpha Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Of The Changes To Be Found In Next Week's Fedora 23 Alpha Release

Phoronix: Some Of The Changes To Be Found In Next Week's Fedora 23 Alpha Release

Fedora 23 Alpha is coming next week. Here's a look at some of the new features to find with Fedora 23...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm waiting for an updated radeon driver to try DRI3; so hopefully that arrives.

Comment

It looks like they've missed Pantheon again.

Comment

Will there be GNOME 3.18 to try them out?

I'm thinking about trying out Fedora as I'm hoping to see what Planet CCRMA looks like for music production compared to KXStudio. I'm a member (GraysonPeddie) at LinuxMusicians.org forum.

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
          Will there be GNOME 3.18 to try them out?

I'm thinking about trying out Fedora as I'm hoping to see what Planet CCRMA looks like for music production compared to KXStudio. I'm a member (GraysonPeddie) at LinuxMusicians.org forum.
          yes, fedora is always keeping up with gnome.

Comment

does Project Atomic cover upgrading to next Fedora or it will still be need to upgrade release?

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
              I'm waiting for an updated radeon driver to try DRI3; so hopefully that arrives.

Radeon doesnt use dri, they use gallium.

Comment

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post
                does Project Atomic cover upgrading to next Fedora or it will still be need to upgrade release?

Can you rephrase that?

Comment

Originally posted by roberth View Post

Radeon doesnt use dri, they use gallium.
                  DRI is a kernel subsystem in this context - it is used by both Gallium and non-Gallium Mesa drivers.

Comment

Unicode 8.0 support.
                    If Fedora 23 does not display the middle finger emoji ( 🖕 ) out of the box, it's not compliant with Unicode 8.0.

Comment

Working...
                    X