Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What It Took Porting LibreOffice To GTK3 & Wayland

Phoronix: What It Took Porting LibreOffice To GTK3 & Wayland

For the past several months Caol?n McNamara has been leading the charge for adding GTK3 tool-kit support to LibreOffice. With the new LibreOffice 5.0 that initial GTK3 support is in place that also brings initial Wayland support for this open-source office suite...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sadly the entire UI is blurry on a HiDPI screen for some reason in LO5 (archlinux).

Comment

FWIW: That entire icon set is someone's fantasy about everything must be in bold--a complete eye sore.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelSerious View Post
        Sadly the entire UI is blurry on a HiDPI screen for some reason in LO5 (archlinux).
        I use LO5(Arch) with GNOME. It didn't pickup GNOME Text Scaling variable so I had to manually set View->Scaling to what I need, however there is no blurrines for me.

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
          I use LO5(Arch) with GNOME. It didn't pickup GNOME Text Scaling variable so I had to manually set View->Scaling to what I need, however there is no blurrines for me.
          Are you using a HiDPI screen (I am using a 3840x2160 monitor at scale factor 2)? The scaling option only makes blurry fonts smaller or larger for me.

Comment

This will be fixed in 5.0.1

Comment

Are you using a HiDPI screen (I am using a 3840x2160 monitor at scale factor 2)? The scaling option only makes blurry fonts smaller or larger for me.
              Fonts are naturally sharp with 200%
              EDIT: I scale only fonts, not windows in GNOME, and only LO View->Scaling setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
                Gnome3 HIG was much needed.
                LibreOffice 5, a freedesktop.org project, follows the Gnome 3 HIGs? (It's not yet packaged in Fedora which is the reason I have not looked at it so far.)

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
                  FWIW: That entire icon set is someone's fantasy about everything must be in bold--a complete eye sore.
                  Well the fantasy actually goes a lot deeper. The LibreOffice people have for a long time been pushing toward and trying to shift iconographic paradigms and have to this end been pushing a bluntly absurd interpretation of minimalism about how they think things should work instead of working inside established norms. It doesn't much help that everyone seems insistent that we go back to the 1980s era interface aesthetics.

Comment

Just installed 5.0 from the LibreOffice PPA on Kubuntu 15.04. Maybe I'm missing something, but there's no GTK+ 3 here:

Code:
                    steve@x250:~$ apt-cache depends libreoffice-core | grep libgtk
                      Depends: libgtk2.0-0

Comment

Working...
                    X