Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 23 Alpha Released

Phoronix: Fedora 23 Alpha Released

Fedora 23 Alpha has been released -- on schedule -- and is ready for those wanting to try out the next-gen Fedora Linux experience...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thanks Michael, I look forward to your fc23 article. I managed to hose my fc22 partition last week when I let the UPS run out during a power outage and part of its partition info went south along with the AC. Not so far south as to leave the fc22 partition unmountable, but it won't boot. The fc21 partition was fine however, so I booted fc21 and recovered (most of) my (rather extensive) fc22 package list with dnf, reinstalled fc22 on a separate disk, and that's what I now use.

Meantime I updated the old disk's CentOS and openSUSE partitions, and for some reason the fc21 will now no longer login. It boots okay and I get the gnome login screen which recognizes my passwords, but when I enter them the login screen comes back up again instead of gdm or openbox. Weird. Now I've got not one but two partitions in need of fedoras. One will get fc22 again, but there's no sense fighting real hard for fc21.

So I look forward to your article.

Comment

I'm downloading Fedora 23 Alpha right now.

Comment

Working...
      X