Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OpenGL 4.2 Is Now Complete In Core Mesa!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenGL 4.2 Is Now Complete In Core Mesa!

Phoronix: OpenGL 4.2 Is Now Complete In Core Mesa!

All of the new OpenGL 4.2 extensions are now hooked up within core Mesa for use by the open-source Linux graphics drivers!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does it mean we will be able to play the last AAA games on an Intel iGPU with the next kernel?

Comment

Meanwhile, the AMD and Nouveau/NVIDIA drivers are largely blocked by GL_ARB_shader_atomic_counters and GL_ARB_shader_atomic_counters support.

This is quite exciting...
      Obviosly Intel lacking doubles, but Micheal not

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        Phoronix: OpenGL 4.2 Is Now Complete In Core Mesa!

All of the new OpenGL 4.2 extensions are now hooked up within core Mesa for use by the open-source Linux graphics drivers!..

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...penGL-4.2-Mesa
        Actually there has been core support for shader images for something like a year now. But the i965 support has just landed for it. I know that the observers like to assume that GL3.txt is the definition of truth, but it's usually very far from it. And the stuff on mesamatrix is just a copy of that (not always an accurate one, e.g. stencil texturing on i965 is only done on broadwell+ which ~nobody has, and the clear texture/copy image comments are misunderstood as well).

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post
          Does it mean we will be able to play the last AAA games on an Intel iGPU with the next kernel?
          If those AAA games only missed this extension to work then yes, otherwise not or maybe yes ... really depends what AAA or not games uses
          Last edited by dungeon; 11 August 2015, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Can't wait to see fp64 APIs landing on i965 !
            One question for the experts though: is tessellation ever gonna work on an Intel HD4000 ?
            It kinda works on Windows with Unigine Heaven, but it sucks badly (6-8fps). Wondering if what I see is actually CPU doing the job...

As far as I can read from the Mesa ML, GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays should be coming shortly as well.

Comment

Originally posted by imirkin View Post

Actually there has been core support for shader images for something like a year now. But the i965 support has just landed for it. I know that the observers like to assume that GL3.txt is the definition of truth, but it's usually very far from it. And the stuff on mesamatrix is just a copy of that (not always an accurate one, e.g. stencil texturing on i965 is only done on broadwell+ which ~nobody has, and the clear texture/copy image comments are misunderstood as well).
              I bookmarked your chart too: http://people.freedesktop.org/~imirk...o/glxinfo.html
              But I believe it is missing the Mesa GIT status and a column for the Mesa core extensions.
              Maybe with those additions, Mesa Matrix could become more accurate too

Thanks for your hard work on this fine piece of software ! I would love to see the Linux gaming share raising cause Mesa is up-to-date and rock solid !

Comment

Does anyone know why extensions like GL_ARB_sparse_texture or GL_ARB_bindless_texture are not listed there?

Comment

Originally posted by Constantine View Post
                  Does anyone know why extensions like GL_ARB_sparse_texture or GL_ARB_bindless_texture are not listed there?
                  They are not required for any core versions of OpenGL. They are optional extensions.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post

They are not required for any core versions of OpenGL. They are optional extensions.

I thought EXT are optional and ARB are required ones, or am I missing something here?

Comment

Working...
                    X