Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine-Staging 1.7.49 Makes Wine Apps Look Like GTK3 Programs

Phoronix: Wine-Staging 1.7.49 Makes Wine Apps Look Like GTK3 Programs

Building off Friday's release of Wine 1.7.49 is a new Wine-Staging update and it comes with an interesting experimental program to better integrate Wine apps with the GTK3 Linux desktop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

why wine staging, why!. not exist another theme render? :S this pulled a tons of dependencies!

Comment

Awesome! It's really helpful to better integrate with that missing app that you still have to use from windows.

Comment

Originally posted by [Knuckles] View Post
        Awesome! It's really helpful to better integrate with that missing app that you still have to use from windows.
        Unless the Linux world is not gnome-centric ... wait, it isn't!

Comment

Originally posted by sl1pkn07 View Post
          why wine staging, why!. not exist another theme render? :S this pulled a tons of dependencies!
          staging comes in the form of separate patches, simply disable ones responsible for gtk3 before build and you are done, no need to panic.

Comment

yea. i know, but then the theme (better than older integrated in wine) feature not work (Captain Obvious to the rescue!)

Comment

But will it work under Wayland?

Comment

Maybe someone can do a KDE take on this. I hope it better deals with tray icons and them not disappearing or failing to let the window return to desktop.

Comment

On KDE seems to be disabled, still its nice to see than Linux is becoming better to run windows software (supposing that's a good thing). So I hope QT integration will be the next.

Comment

I am actually surprised nobody thought about this before. Maybe there were some serious issues against doing it (aforementioned performance) ?

Comment

Working...
                    X