Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Core i5 6600K Skylake CPU Arrives: What Linux Tests Would You Like To See?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Core i5 6600K Skylake CPU Arrives: What Linux Tests Would You Like To See?

Phoronix: Intel Core i5 6600K Skylake CPU Arrives: What Linux Tests Would You Like To See?

I now have my hands on an Intel Core i5 6600K "Skylake" processor for Linux benchmarking!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Well, this one is without SMT. One of the things I read about Skylake was improvements to its SMT implementation so I don't know. I would like to see Skylake benchmarked with and without SMT. Maybe once that I7 comes that would be possible?

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
      Well, this one is without SMT. One of the things I read about Skylake was improvements to its SMT implementation so I don't know. I would like to see Skylake benchmarked with and without SMT. Maybe once that I7 comes that would be possible?
      Hopefully I'll get my hands on the i7. The i5 was $100+ cheaper and at the time the i7 was still out of stock. So hopefully Intel will soon find one in stock, unless they were just mad that I pointed out some Linux troubles with the i7-5775C...
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Hey Michael, got a Kaveri or Godavari APUs laying around? Or AMD FX series? Current best Intel vs current best AMD might be an interesting look, if nothing else to see how much AMD has to make up with Zen. CPU + GPU
        All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

S3tc vs astc if any benchmarks support both, opengl 4.2 benchmarks once 4.2 compliance is in the Intel drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
            Hey Michael, got a Kaveri or Godavari APUs laying around? Or AMD FX series? Current best Intel vs current best AMD might be an interesting look, if nothing else to see how much AMD has to make up with Zen. CPU + GPU
            Yes, all of those will be compared. Basically all the AMD CPUs/APUs I have (of which I actually have many since AMD sends out those samples vs. GPU samples) similar to shown in the other recent comparisons where I feature the 50+ systems from the LinuxBenchmarking.com farm.
            Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by My8th View Post
              S3tc vs astc if any benchmarks support both, opengl 4.2 benchmarks once 4.2 compliance is in the Intel drivers.
              Got a test profile to run such a test?
              Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
                That's a setup for disappointment. I'm sure are a lot of people that would love to see it, but we already know it'll be bad for AMD on the CPU side.

There's nothing wrong that comparison, it's just lopsided.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Got a test profile to run such a test?
                  I'm not sure where to start, but keep up the awesome work Michael, I'm proud to be a subscriber supporting fine work.

Comment

Originally posted by My8th View Post

I'm not sure where to start, but keep up the awesome work Michael, I'm proud to be a subscriber supporting fine work.
                    Thanks for subscribing, when commenting via forums isn't so easily to tell who is premium trivially, perhaps something I should better indicate. Unfortunately I'm unaware of any S3TC vs. ASTC automated texture compression tests.
                    Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
                    X