Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qualcomm Publishes Some A3xx Register Documentation

Phoronix: Qualcomm Publishes Some A3xx Register Documentation

Are the ARM SoC vendors deciding to become more open? Besides NVIDIA contributing to the open-source Nouveau driver for Tegra K1+ hardware and making improvements in that area, Qualcomm started contributing to the Freedreno / MSM driver project last year, which is the reverse-engineered, community-based driver for Adreno graphics hardware. Qualcomm has now taken a significant step forward and actually released some register documentation!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ze Blog: http://bloggingthemonkey.blogspot.com/

Comment

Awesome work Rob Clark and Qualcomm, A420 is in my main device, too early for reg docs for A4xx?

Comment

Originally posted by My8th View Post
        Awesome work Rob Clark and Qualcomm, A420 is in my main device, too early for reg docs for A4xx?
        I recall Qualcomm contributing a4xx register headers some time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post

I recall Qualcomm contributing a4xx register headers some time ago.
          When they contributed kernel support for a4xx, they included some headers (or rather envytools rnndb xml from which we generate headers). Basically just the registers that the kernel deals with (which is a pretty small part of the whole), and some bitfield names (ie. the parts that the kernel actually needed to know).

For dragonboard 410c, they published a complete (5000+ page) TRM for apq8016, which includes the gpu. Since the registers that userspace deals with are basically the same across all of the adreno 3xx's, this means we now have register descriptions for a3xx which includes some description (although usually rather brief) of all the bitfields, rather than just register names and some bitfield names.

Comment

Working...
          X