Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Company of Heroes 2 Is Coming To Linux Next Week, Works With Intel & NVIDIA Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company of Heroes 2 Is Coming To Linux Next Week, Works With Intel & NVIDIA Graphics

Phoronix: Company of Heroes 2 Is Coming To Linux Next Week, Works With Intel & NVIDIA Graphics

If you're not interested in Virtual Programming's Linux release yesterday of the eON-powered DiRT Showdown racing game, just wait until next week when Feral Interactive is expected to release Company of Heroes 2...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

There's no mention of AMD Catalyst support.
    I'm shocked... ok Catalyst is not in good shape but having Intel graphic supported and not AMD... wow...

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post
      *Requires an Intel Iris Pro graphics card or an NVIDIA 600 series graphics card or better with driver version 352.21 or later.
      And which version of a driver for Iris Pro

Sorry Feral but i am an AMD graphic user and i don't have a Mac

Last edited by dungeon; 18 August 2015, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Getting this game then.

Should at least be able to run with the Radeon driver then?

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
          Should at least be able to run with the Radeon driver then?
          As minimum requirements said Intel Iris Pro as supported, then any AMD GCN card should do a job too

Comment

Thats sounds like the new gaming systems ....

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
              Thats sounds like the new gaming systems ....
              Yeah average Mac mentality said - New game (even if title ported is old) require new Mac.

I guess goal is "Every month new port release" - so no one have a time to write requirements... " it works on laptop which have Intel Iris and nVidia" - so that is what requirements are
              Last edited by dungeon; 18 August 2015, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Should Valve really accept those "ports" on their store if they do not work on such a % of clients?

This reminds me of the game "Dwarfs" launched at start and that never worked at all on Linux... was certainly a way to increase the title visibility!

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post
                  Should Valve really accept those "ports" on their store if they do not work on such a % of clients?
                  I don't see why not, if it earns them money. But I see your point, with the sub 1% of market share, they may want to avoid possible complaints altogether.

Comment

It would be nicer if they said it supports Intel or AMD on Gallium, but they are effectively supporting AMD by supporting Mesa since all AMD cards have the same GL versions as Iris Pro available.

They probably just ran into some the endless bugs in Catalyst and forgot Gallium exists.

Comment

Working...
                    X