Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallium3D Gets A Hack So It Can Now Play BioShock Infinite

Phoronix: Gallium3D Gets A Hack So It Can Now Play BioShock Infinite

With the latest Mesa Git code and one minor workaround, you can now start running the BioShock Infinite game on the open-source Gallium3D drivers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

radeonsi vs catalyst benchmarks please
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Considering the Ubuntu official nvidia (and soon amd) fresh tested driver PPA news, and this news bit..... We can all learn one lesson; Don't stand between a man and his vidya games.

Comment

"fake" ARB_copy_image
        Beside of that Mesa 11 will be great release.

Comment

Minor correction: The article states that radeonsi/nvc0 are on GL 4.2. The drivers for those cards are only exposing 4.1 at the moment as far as I know, even though mesa core supports 4.2 (but no drivers support all of the 4.2 functionality).

Comment

Hacks and fakes in the driver for the wrapped game... someone may go even further and say that nouveau is fake of the nvidia driver

So does it run on anything beside nouveau with this override? radeonsi?
            Last edited by dungeon; 19 August 2015, 02:11 PM.

Comment

I'm just downloading, I will let you know... Last time I heard it didn't work on radeonsi.
              ## VGA ##
              AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
              Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                I'm just downloading, I will let you know... Last time I heard it didn't work on radeonsi.
                Cool, not sure if it runs with this on radeonsi . On Catalyst some said i think some catalyst workaround switch to disable is needed for perf reason... also probably runs even better if renamed to something which has MCCaps1 like 'Borderlands2'

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                  radeonsi vs catalyst benchmarks please
                  Reports are that it refuses to start on radeonsi for reasons unknown (https://github.com/virtual-programmi...inux/issues/32).

This hack is to work around the fact that it uses glCopyImageSubData without checking for ARB_copy_image. When it starts it even says "Yes, you have ARB_copy_image", so it's just a flaw in their detection logic. As the bug on their issue tracker has remained idle for a month (https://github.com/virtual-programmi...inux/issues/27), I find it unlikely that they care about fixing it. I felt like people having to carry a patch locally was worse than having it upstream like that where it's an env var away, and nobody disagreed too loudly.

Comment

Originally posted by imirkin View Post
                    Reports are that it refuses to start on radeonsi for reasons unknown (https://github.com/virtual-programmi...inux/issues/32).
                    That is some great detection of FX8350 Many rummored that this wrapped port is also buggy on AMD CPUs

CPU Speed 0 MHz

Comment

Working...
                    X