Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.2-rc8 Kernel Released: Official Release Pushed Back

Phoronix: Linux 4.2-rc8 Kernel Released: Official Release Pushed Back

Well, Linus Torvalds decided against releasing the Linux 4.2 kernel today...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael, are there any links to EXTERNAL messages to support your claim?

I would think that any article that only points back to articles on the same web site is "suspect".

In your post every link pointed back to Phoronix. Yes, I did open every link to "inspect" them except for the obvious reference to your benchmarking web site.

Please consider in the future linking to the EXTERNAL email archives where you find these news items. That additional effort on your part will generally improve your credibility in reporting news.

Thank you very much.

Comment

Comment

I also find it annoying when most of the links are links back to Phoronix rather than original content. Often I see an update article that rather than link to the original source again it links to another Phoronix article. Some of the steam game articles take a chain of links to get to the company website. I guess the idea is to generate more ad views, but as NotMine999 said, it takes away a bit of the credibility and enjoyment from reading Phoronix.

Comment

+1 for zeroepoch and NotMine999

Comment

I have also to agree with previous comments.
            But I would not mind if internal links to phoronix were well identified (vs outside original links).

Comment

There are some Stylish scripts that change the color of links for you.

Comment

Originally posted by EduRam View Post
                But I would not mind if internal links to phoronix were well identified (vs outside original links).
                Just hover the mouse over the link, don't be lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by EduRam View Post
                  It was supposed to be a premium feature but it doesn't work: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=phoronix_premium

- Easy Skimming: External links in Phoronix news items are bolded to differentiate from in-site links.
                  ## VGA ##
                  AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                  Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by NotMine999 View Post
                    Michael, are there any links to EXTERNAL messages to support your claim?

I would think that any article that only points back to articles on the same web site is "suspect".

In your post every link pointed back to Phoronix. Yes, I did open every link to "inspect" them except for the obvious reference to your benchmarking web site.

Please consider in the future linking to the EXTERNAL email archives where you find these news items. That additional effort on your part will generally improve your credibility in reporting news.

Thank you very much.
                    Did you read the article? " As of posting this article, Torvalds has yet to send out a 4.2-rc8 release message. " I was already staying up late to wait for 4.2/-rc8 release and saw it happened in Git and waited few minutes and then posted article as still no mailing list message and went to bed.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X