Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libinput 1.0 Officially Released

Phoronix: Libinput 1.0 Officially Released

At long last, libinput 1.0 has been released. Libinput is the input handling library commonly used by Wayland compositors and is optionally used in the X.Org world via the xf86-input-libinput driver and is starting to be used by the Ubuntu Mir display server...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What's the difference with this and evdev?

Comment

Originally posted by ihatemichael View Post
      What's the difference with this and evdev?
      This supplants evdev, and synaptics, and wacom, and everything else.

See: http://www.x.org/wiki/Events/XDC2014.../xdc-2014.html
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Does this support disabling mouse acceleration yet? I'll move my Arch system over when it does.

Comment

Originally posted by Vash63 View Post
          Does this support disabling mouse acceleration yet? I'll move my Arch system over when it does.
          All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

So from the bugzilla it looks like disabling mouse accel still doesnt work properly, there are various complaints about laggy input on touchpads and multiple input devices on USB hubs don't work properly. Gunna give it a miss for release, especially until mouse accel can be utterly removed (why do we even have this on by default).

Comment

Thanks. I added myself to the watch list on the linked bug so I know when it's safe to drop evdev.

Comment

I switched from running xf86-input-synaptics to xf86-input-libinput on my Arch install a week ago and it has gotten much better.
                In the past two finger scrolling was super sensitive and my cursor was jumping around when I two finger scrolled and then lifted the wrong finger. All that is fixed and I can easily configure it with the XFCE 4.12 mouse settings. Default acceleration is also OK.

Comment

my problem with libinput is as follows,

I have a trackball mouse, and i have it configured to use wheel emulation when i hold down a button, so i can use the ball to scroll in any direction. it works fine in evdev, but is unsupported in libinput, there's just no option to change it. so until that works I'll stick with evdev, and no, I've not reported it as I don't care enough and it's not an immediate problem

Comment

Originally posted by mrbig4545 View Post
                    my problem with libinput is as follows,

I have a trackball mouse, and i have it configured to use wheel emulation when i hold down a button, so i can use the ball to scroll in any direction. it works fine in evdev, but is unsupported in libinput, there's just no option to change it. so until that works I'll stick with evdev, and no, I've not reported it as I don't care enough and it's not an immediate problem
                    You should stop using free software if you "don't care enough" to file a bug report.

We don't need leeches in our community.

Comment

Working...
                    X