Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf Beta 1 Released

Phoronix: Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf Beta 1 Released

The Ubuntu 15.10 "Wily Werewolf" beta is out today for opt-in flavors participating in this development milestone...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Finally a cool animal name!

Such a shame they did not go with Wild Werewolf. It would sound beast.

Comment

The links are broken due to uppercasing the first letter of "Beta-1". It seems that some OCD sufferer felt that he couldn't stand a small B.

Comment

Still using Mesa 10.6, but judging from a developer PPA Mesa 11 is imminent. radeonsi with OpenGL4.1 at the October launch would be sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
          Still using Mesa 10.6, but judging from a developer PPA Mesa 11 is imminent. radeonsi with OpenGL4.1 at the October launch would be sweet.
          More importantly, is it already using the LLVM 3.7 RC?

Comment

Originally posted by wargames View Post
            The links are broken due to uppercasing the first letter of "Beta-1". It seems that some OCD sufferer felt that he couldn't stand a small B.
            Thanks for pointing out!

Comment

Originally posted by hagda View Post

More importantly, is it already using the LLVM 3.7 RC?
              It is in their repositories.

Comment

too late for kernel 4.2 and mesa 11 implementation, I would suggest developers to miss this date release waiting for april 2016.

Comment

I have been using Kubuntu 15.10 since alpha 2 and have had less issues with it than I have with 15.04 So far so good. The only fault is that I wish werewolf was a LTS release just so I could use a werewolf named OS for a couple of years.

Comment

> I have been using Kubuntu 15.10 since alpha 2 and have had less issues with it than I have with 15.04 So far so good.

15.04 had to fight with big challenges: Plasma 5, systemd, SDDM, behind-the-scenes work on the change to Wayland, ...

> The only fault is that I wish werewolf was a LTS release just so I could use a werewolf named OS for a couple of years.

:-)

Comment

Working...
                    X