Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Linux Usage Rose Above 0.9% Last Month

Phoronix: Steam Linux Usage Rose Above 0.9% Last Month

Statistics published by Valve show Steam's Linux usage still at under 1%...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

About 6 months without the Steam popup Hardware Interview. :-(

By a 90% Linux, 10% Windows user.

Comment

had 1 in 2 years in linux.

98% lin 2% win user

Comment

I said it before and I'll say it again - you're not going to be prompted for the survey if you leave Steam signed in 24/7. It only asks you when you first sign-in.

Comment

When installing Steam on wine, it will show with 90% chance, in Ubuntu didn't see this, on 2 computers, and i dont give a f*ck anyway, now i have games to play on linux, for this 1% there are a lot games!

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
            I said it before and I'll say it again - you're not going to be prompted for the survey if you leave Steam signed in 24/7. It only asks you when you first sign-in.
            Does this count for auto-signing in on startup? Or do you physically need to sign out and sign back in again, typing usernames/passwords all over again?

Comment

I sign in to Steam everyday on Ubuntu 15.04. This year I've had multiple survey prompts on my Windows partition, but none on Ubuntu!

I even spend more time on Ubuntu just to be safe, yet today I log into Windows momentarily for checking on iflix and Steam screwed me over. The hardware survey popped up there. Something is very wrong with it.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                I run Steam daily from boot and saw it once in 2 years, once for all my 3 computers.

The first time I played on a friend's Windows laptop it came directly and he assured me he got it every 1-2 months...

I am not a guru in statistics but this is very awkward, isn't it?

Comment

Incredible! Yesterday for the first time on linux I got the survey popup. I thought it would never showup...

Comment

In other news, Windows 10 usage is at 17% in just one month.

And yeah, please tell me how it only happened because the upgrade was free, and that's so relevant because Linux is not free... or something.

Comment

Working...
                    X