Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Leader Of The Ubuntu Phone Project Has Left

Phoronix: The Leader Of The Ubuntu Phone Project Has Left

Cristian Parrino, the former Vice President of Mobile at Canonical where he was the team leader for the Ubuntu Phone project, has left the company...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Not sure if this is bad news or good. From an onlooker's perspective the Ubuntu Phone project has appeared quite appallingly mismanaged. Something for which he'd have been responsible. It'll be very interesting to see how it goes forward under new hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Palmer View Post
      From an onlooker's perspective the Ubuntu Phone project has appeared quite appallingly mismanaged.
      If the guy's role was mainly to try and raise money from a kickstarter-like campaign then that was a failure as it failed to hit targets but at least did achieve a fair amount of publicity.
      If he was in charge of the entire project then it does look like a fairly dismal failure.

Comment

Well, It's kinda like telling someone their job is to build a super skyscraper 850 stories tall with a 7km base. Obviously that's not gonna happen. Canonicals own fault.

Comment

I hope this only implicates the actual hardware phone project, and not the entire Touch/Convergent UI project. I never thought Canonical had the DNA to compete with Apple/Google. But I do want the touch UI to be successful.

I think Ubuntu's high level approach could be superb on devices like the ASUS Chromebook Flip. And touchscreens are simply going to be ubiquitous in the near future.

Comment

Working...
          X