Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kodi 16 Bringing DirectX 11 Support & More

Phoronix: Kodi 16 Bringing DirectX 11 Support & More

For those users of the Kodi multimedia software formerly known as XBMC, the upcoming version 16 release will bring some significant changes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I can't wait for Kodi to be on Linux with DX11 support. Wait what?

Comment

I was so confused when I saw the title.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
        I can't wait for Kodi to be on Linux with DX11 support. Wait what?
        oh no! That means no gallium-nine-kodi

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post

oh no! That means no gallium-nine-kodi
          Serious question: how much work would it take for Kodi to recognize, and use, Gallium-nine? It'd be really cool to have a non-WINE, non-game test for Nine.

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
            Serious question: how much work would it take for Kodi to recognize, and use, Gallium-nine? It'd be really cool to have a non-WINE, non-game test for Nine.
            From my small understanding of how stuff works :
            At the very least it would require either implementing a DXVA/DXVA2 state tracker OR vdpau/vaapi d3d9 interop, and for xbmc to learn more about window creation.

Comment

Originally posted by Serafean View Post

From my small understanding of how stuff works :
              At the very least it would require either implementing a DXVA/DXVA2 state tracker OR vdpau/vaapi d3d9 interop, and for xbmc to learn more about window creation.
              Ignoring the window creation, couldn't Kodi do software rendering and still display via DirectX?

Comment

Working...
              X