Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Features To Hopefully Look Forward To In GNOME 3.20

Phoronix: Features To Hopefully Look Forward To In GNOME 3.20

With GNOME 3.20 quickly approaching its release, our attention will soon turn towards GNOME 3.20 for release in March of next year...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

""With GNOME 3.20 quickly approaching its release, our attention will soon turn towards GNOME 3.20 for release in March of next year.""

Comment

Michael has been caught in a 6 month time warp!

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
        Michael has been caught in a 6 month time warp!
        I knew he was time traveller.

Comment

I have been out of the loop with Gnome for a while (to the point I can barely make my way through Gnome3). I'm thinking of installing a Gnome-based distro just so that I can check things out, but I don't know which one does the best job integrating Gnome. I have my eyes on Fedora (mostly because of my developer background), but are there better choices?

Comment

Also, "GTK+ Scene Graph! The GSK" and "Google Online Accounts"

Comment

I am mostly interested in improvements to the Wayland backend in GTK.

But GNOME should look at something like a Intent API or Share API as is used on Android.
              So you can easily share things on the Internet with your friends.

Also a cloud API so you can easily sync with Google Drive, Microsoft OneCloud, Apple iCloud, Dropbox, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                I have my eyes on Fedora (mostly because of my developer background), but are there better choices?
                If you prefer a rolling-release distribution, Manjaro GNOME offers a good vanilla version.

Comment

In case I wasn't clear enough before, there is a "Kit" missing after "GTK+ Scene Graph", that's what the K in GSK means. Also, it's not "Google Online Accounts" but "GNOME Online Accounts"

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                    I have been out of the loop with Gnome for a while (to the point I can barely make my way through Gnome3). I'm thinking of installing a Gnome-based distro just so that I can check things out, but I don't know which one does the best job integrating Gnome. I have my eyes on Fedora (mostly because of my developer background), but are there better choices?
                    Fedora Workstation + extensions is probably your best bet for a good experience. For a more "traditional" experience, I recommend

Dash To Dock
                    Applications Menu
                    Places Status Menu
                    And enable the Minimize / Maximize buttons in gnome-tweak-tool.
                    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Working...
                    X