Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're Still Waiting To See If KDBUS Will Come For Linux 4.3

Phoronix: We're Still Waiting To See If KDBUS Will Come For Linux 4.3

While a lot of features/changes have merged so far for the Linux 4.3 kernel, one feature you won't find at least not yet is KDBUS...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

We already have a few articles you told us several times.

Comment

Maybe Michael thinks that GKH reads Phoronix and his constant writing of "KDBUS Yet to Merge" type of articles will remind him to submit a pull request.

Comment

I wouldn't undermine those updates too much, sure, if nothing else, they help getting shit done and putting some pressure on open-source devs.
        Linus himself said that 'it's probably going to happen', when community cools off a bit. We can hate systemd&co all we want (and we do), but they are getting shit done in mainstream and there is little potential fallback from decision to pull it in. Afaik most kinks have been sorted over months and they haven't broken my -next build in quite some time so I guess it's ok to go. Especially if GKH is backing it.

Comment

cheap trollbait this is

Comment

Originally posted by stefansaraev View Post
            cheap trollbait this is
            Much ad revenue to be had, yes.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if Lennart Poettering wanted to fork the Kernel or at least not push actively for mainlining it any more. It seems pretty obvious to me that his relationship with kernel maintainers is contentious enough that he'd just say "fuck it, we'll maintain our own patches and we'll win anyways because distros will have to integrate it to support the latest userland features that we are making the ecosystem dependent upon".
              That's what I would do...

Comment

Seems to be that it won't, maybe for 4.4

Comment

Working...
                X