Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.2 Is Now In The Ubuntu 15.10 "Wily" Archive

Phoronix: Linux 4.2 Is Now In The Ubuntu 15.10 "Wily" Archive

Linux 4.2 is now officially powering Ubuntu 15.10...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm running 15.10 and I didn't even notice the kernel switch (that's a good thing).

Comment

Now lets hope that Mesa 11 and LLVM 3.7-32bits get in before the launch in October.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
        Now lets hope that Mesa 11 and LLVM 3.7-32bits get in before the launch in October.
        I was just about to ask this. I tried installing the Ubuntu 15.10 daily build just now, and was disheartened to find it has the exact same Mesa with 15.04. I'm trying to run an AMD card, and would really like to get RadeonSI working with OpenGL 4.

There is this guys PPA here that seems to add LLVM 3.7 and Mesa 11 to Ubuntu 15.04, but it doesn't work for me: https://launchpad.net/~paulo-miguel-...ve/ubuntu/mesa

Does anyone have any ideas on how to go about getting these new changes without compiling/building it one's self?
        The Oibaf PPA seems to have Mesa 11, but without LLVM 3.7, so it still defaults to OpenGL 3 here on RadeonSI.

Comment

I was briefly running Kubuntu 15.10, but as well as one or two issues with the KDE GUI, I couldn't install wine properly. Not to say it won't be a good release when it comes out. Hopefully systemd will be bedded in better. Kubuntu 15.04 couldn't touch Opensuse 13.2 for boot up speed.

Comment

have they fixed issues regarding nvidia module

Comment

Excellent news.

Comment

Working...
              X