Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Radeon R600 Gallium3D Performance Over The Past Two Years

Phoronix: AMD Radeon R600 Gallium3D Performance Over The Past Two Years

Today's Linux benchmarking is looking at the performance of the open-source Radeon R600g Gallium3D driver for pre-GCN GPUs over the past two years. A Radeon HD 6870 was used while testing all of the Ubuntu Linux releases going back to Ubuntu 13.04, plus the latest Git code as well.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think the 6870 (BARTS) has been supported very well since early on, that is why the performance doesn't change much in later releases.
    If you had tested with a 6950/6970 (CAYMAN) the results might have been different.

Comment

Hi Michael,

Great review and to see how the drivers have been progressing over the last several years.

Comment

Thanks Michael, this was a pretty good test.

Comment

Originally posted by kwagga View Post
          Great review and to see how the drivers have been progressing over the last several years.
          I agree, very interesting article, but where do you see progress in these charts? Looks more like stagnation to me.

Comment

I think "progress" here means adding new features and support for new GL levels (without impacting performance of existing functionality).
            Test signature

Comment

and still are like 60% of the performance than I get on windows. It's a shame that it is still so far away, and it's not likely to improve (I hope to be wrong).
              Originally posted by Temar View Post
              I agree, very interesting article, but where do you see progress in these charts? Looks more like stagnation to me.
              True, I though the same.
              Last edited by edoantonioco; 11 September 2015, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X