Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA Frostbite Games Unlikely To Be Ported To Linux

Phoronix: Frostbite Games Unlikely To Be Ported To Linux

Johan Andersson, the technical director on Frostbite at Electronic Arts, has made it seem unlikely any of their popular games will be ported to Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Of course not, this is EA Games we're talking about.

Anyone would expect anything else from EA Games?
    Who are you kidding.

Comment

Do they have anything worth buying these days ? Besides CoD with vehicles ?

Comment

They obviously don't care, but I haven't bought any EA games in years. There are plenty I'd like to play, but none I'm going to. They may not care about my one sale per game, but their loss regardless. All Linux users should boycott EA on every platform. Ea is arrogant because they think you'll play on Windows or a console. Don't do it. It'll cost them millions.
        Last edited by duby229; 12 September 2015, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Remember when these guys said that Mantle was great because it could be cross-platform and used on Linux...? And now people are saying, "don't worry, devs will use Vulkan."

Yeah right... DICE is pretty much going to be DX12-only. Not that I care about these guys, but it's a sign of things to come.

Comment

I don't pay for games that use Origin (or DRM in general) anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
              I don't pay for games that use Origin (or DRM in general) anyway.
              I don't buy DRMed games.

Including Steam ones.

Comment

Yeah great. I prefer GOG/HumbleBundle too but at this point we should not forget who do we have to thank for the current generation.
                Valve.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepec9124 View Post
                  Do they have anything worth buying these days ? Besides CoD with vehicles ?
                  What you mean with "besides" ?!? NOT even their "CoD with Vehicles" franchise is worth a single dime from me

This is actually GREAT news...LINUX, the EA Game-Free Zone.

PS: Last EA game i ever bought was BFBC2 right after launch....count the years since i don't buy their garbage :")
                  Last edited by AJSB; 12 September 2015, 11:10 AM.

Comment

I said it before and I'll say it again. These companies a la EA, the big names, will be the last ones to hop on the linux/unix bandwagon! My only hope is that DirectX does not gain a hold in the mobile segment. Should vulkan be commonplace in the embedded/mobile space in the next couple of years, Microsoft will rot with it's binaries.

Comment

Working...
                    X