Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arch-Based Antergos Working On New Package Management UI

Phoronix: Arch-Based Antergos Working On New Package Management UI

Developers behind Antergos, the Arch-based Linux distribution designed for an easy desktop experience, are working on a new package manager UI/assistant codenamed Poodle...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is anybody using Antergos in the phoronix users ?
    I'm looking for a distribution to replace debian and have the latest intel drivers sooner

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Phoronix: Arch-Based Antergos Working On New Package Management UI

Developers behind Antergos, the Arch-based Linux distribution designed for an easy desktop experience, are working on a new package manager UI/assistant codenamed Poodle...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...dle-Package-UI
      Desktop experience on Arch Linux is not any worse than other distros.
      Distros like Antergos destroys the reason that makes people prefer Arch Linux: the KISS philosophy.

Comment

Antergos is for people that enjoy the rolling release part of Arch

Comment

Originally posted by Modu View Post
          Desktop experience on Arch Linux is not any worse than other distros.
          Distros like Antergos destroys the reason that makes people prefer Arch Linux: the KISS philosophy.
          People prefer Archlinux for hundreds of reasons. I use Arch everwhere but run thousands of packages from official repos and AUR, plus a full KDE desktop. My /usr is 16GB big. Don't criticize other people for using free software the want they want to.

Comment

Antergos is nothing more than a nicely pre-configured ArchLinux. They use Arch repositories and have a hand full of extra packages in their own repository. If you remove those packages, you basically have a plain ArchLinux.

Comment

Originally posted by kloumpt View Post
              Is anybody using Antergos in the phoronix users ?
              I'm looking for a distribution to replace debian and have the latest intel drivers sooner

I switched to Antergos several months ago. It is the best distro I've ever used. I was a big fan of Ubuntu and then Mint MATE (when Ubuntu introduced Unity). I love love love the fact that everything in the repos are super up to date. That is a farcry from all the other repos who, when version N comes out, finally feel confident in moving from N-3 to N-2.

Comment

Originally posted by deadite66
                try telling that to the archlinux irc channel, bunch of snobs..
                Therefore, not all of us are on the archlinux irc.

Comment

I use Antergos or Manjaro (also Arch-based) via USB drive boot whenever I'm testing PC's, etc. I more often use Manjaro as its a more traditional desktop; Antergos is much more 'modern', thus takes getting used to...but I still will try it out periodically. That said, I use 'pure' Arch installs on actual hard drive installations though (one old netbook and one desktop; for building -ck kernels for the netbook, and testing LXQt).
                  Last edited by jwh7; 29 October 2015, 01:39 PM.

Comment

\o/ the next bloat UI ...

Python, HTML, CSS, and JS. We have everything to slow down a modern PC ...

Comment

Working...
                    X