Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD's Catalyst 15.9 Now Available For Linux Gamers

Phoronix: AMD's Catalyst 15.9 Now Available For Linux Gamers

As expected, AMD Catalyst 15.9 has been released this afternoon for Linux desktop users!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Forage View Post
      The point is that Michael wants to have 2 articles. It means he gets more ad views, and therefore more money, with minimal extra effort.

Comment

Hey Michael, could you test the performance difference between a game with it's binary file renamed in 15.7 and the name unchanged in 15.9 to check if the the performance improvements out of the box is bigger than what could be achieved in the previous version doing the rename trick

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

The point is that Michael wants to have 2 articles. It means he gets more ad views, and therefore more money, with minimal extra effort.
          Well, mostly due to having the change-log earlier today and that's when I posted it... Since then, the driver was released.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Some catalyst benchmarks sound great, to see if there are any other performance improvement other than the changed profiles.
            btw, I wonder why there hasnt been any Dota 2 benchmark here, because since the last update the game seems to runs better than on windows on amd and nvidia, on some benchmarks than I have seen on youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
              Some catalyst benchmarks sound great, to see if there are any other performance improvement other than the changed profiles.
              btw, I wonder why there hasnt been any Dota 2 benchmark here, because since the last update the game seems to runs better than on windows on amd and nvidia, on some benchmarks than I have seen on youtube.
              I just tried again today to see if Dota 2 would work for benchmarking, but it doesn't as the game is broken.

Latest build on Steam seems to have completely broken timedemo feature..... Try doing a "record demoname" inside the game, then go back to run "timedemo demoname". The console will show a number of errors and then quit.

So until it can be fully-automated for testing (or have a built-in benchmark for tips), isn't possible to test it.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Yeah Bioshock has profile now, default DX 10 mode does not have corruption... but anyway anyone wants DX11 with --eon_disable_catalyst_workarounds around 40% faster. profile+switch

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                  Yeah Bioshock has profile now, default DX 10 mode does not have corruption... but anyway anyone wants DX11 with --eon_disable_catalyst_workarounds around 40% faster. profile+switch
                  Can't you just change the profiles?
                  I used to do that when enabling games for crossfire back in the time I had a HD4890 crossfire setup.
                  It is an xml file, where you can add applications.

Ah used to be... now it is /etc/ati/atiapfxx.blb .
                  So it is a binary now. And if I strings -a it, I think the names are hashed now.

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
                    btw, I wonder why there hasnt been any Dota 2 benchmark here, because since the last update the game seems to runs better
                    Ya the latest game update has moved everybody onto Source2. So the openGL implementation is better.

native support for OpenGL without needing a wrapper, improving performance, memory usage and loading times on other (non-windows) platforms.
                    The Reborn beta is now available for everyone to download and play. Read on for installation instructions and to learn about a number of new technologies that we're using to improve Dota 2.

Comment

Working...
                    X