Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Getting Time To Try Out Fedora 23 Beta

Phoronix: It's Getting Time To Try Out Fedora 23 Beta

The beta of Fedora 23 is coming up quite quickly!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's working pretty well for me except the Intel graphic driver on i7-5775C CPU. SNA is unusable (artefacts all over the place) and even UXA causes some occasional graphic corruptions. Not sure where the problem is as I upgraded to F23 beta at the same time as I replaced i7-4770k with i7-5775C. I'm planning on testing i7-6700k later today to see if the problem is specific to just this CPU.
    Rob
    email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by dagger View Post
      It's working pretty well for me except the Intel graphic driver on i7-5775C CPU. SNA is unusable (artefacts all over the place) and even UXA causes some occasional graphic corruptions. Not sure where the problem is as I upgraded to F23 beta at the same time as I replaced i7-4770k with i7-5775C. I'm planning on testing i7-6700k later today to see if the problem is specific to just this CPU.
      Which version of mesa is it using? They've only recently updated the mesa drivers in Fedora 22 to get rid of all the crashing SNA caused in the KDE Spin.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeder View Post

Which version of mesa is it using? They've only recently updated the mesa drivers in Fedora 22 to get rid of all the crashing SNA caused in the KDE Spin.
        11.0.0-0.rc2.2.20150902.fc23 - the most up to date one
        Rob
        email: [email protected]

Comment

It might be the first release since 2008 that will arrive on time.

Comment

Originally posted by michal View Post
            It might be the first release since 2008 that will arrive on time.

The schedule just isn't that high of a priority in release management for Fedora. If the release has bugs important enough to fix, it will get delayed as much as necessary to fix them first.

Comment

Working...
            X