Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Only Fallout I've Been Exposed To So Far On Linux 4.3

Phoronix: The Only Fallout I've Been Exposed To So Far On Linux 4.3

Out of the dozen plus systems at Phoronix devoted to running the latest Linux kernel Git code on a daily basis with the latest Fedora/Ubuntu packages, only 3~4 of them have hit regressions so far on the new, in-development Linux 4.3 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

3-4 out of a "dozen plus" (let's say 20) is 15-20%. I would hardly call that "only fallout".

Comment

No doubt the PTS is bi-secting the issue for a bug report to be filed at https://bugzilla.kernel.org/

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix
        When booting from Linux 4.2 or the Git code from days earlier, the boot process goes as expected.
        Why not give in the article the git id of "the git code from days earlier that works as expected"? This could give a good starting point to the developers to try to solve the issue and it would not cost you any time.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
          No doubt the PTS is bi-secting the issue for a bug report to be filed at https://bugzilla.kernel.org/
          If that wasn't sarcasm then you have a lot to learn.

Comment

actually im having 2 issues
            1st only one core is available
            2nd drm fails to load
            both on laptop with fedora rawhide (core 2 duo T5600 G945 Graphics)

it said smpboot failed to wake up CPU#1
            Last edited by jakubo; 17 September 2015, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X