Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Etnaviv Open-Source Driver Is Quietly Making Progress

Phoronix: The Etnaviv Open-Source Driver Is Quietly Making Progress

Besides the highly sought after Nouveau status update and AMDGPU/Vulkan update, Lucas Stach talked today at XDC2015 Toronto about his work on the Etnaviv reverse-engineered driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What a pity. My wandboard broke and now i use itx x86 mobile processors which are much easier to replace and have much better driver support and got a much better price/cost ratio.
    Still a pity it died before the driver got usable.

Comment

Hurray! I've been keeping an eye on this though it's been practically silent in #etnaviv in recent months. Mailing list activity has suddenly increased since Lucas finally pushed out his stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
        What a pity. My wandboard broke and now i use itx x86 mobile processors which are much easier to replace and have much better driver support and got a much better price/cost ratio.
        Still a pity it died before the driver got usable.
        My CE5315 has terrible support... Unless you call a 2.6 kernel up to date support.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardje View Post
          My CE5315 has terrible support... Unless you call a 2.6 kernel up to date support.
          Which is one of THE most oddball processors Intel makes... and it's in a NAS so no one expects it to support much beyond SATA and Ethernet.

Comment

Originally posted by cb88 View Post
            Which is one of THE most oddball processors Intel makes... and it's in a NAS so no one expects it to support much beyond SATA and Ethernet.
            It's not the weirdest process intel made. They made so many nice cool processors... 8089 is an oldy, but at that time it was very cool (you can't find good info on wikipedia about that chip). But still current is the i960. And going back: i860 was enormously cool. Anyway: just to point out that the ce5315 is not really odd. Intel has a lot of cpu's.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardje View Post
              It's not the weirdest process intel made. They made so many nice cool processors... 8089 is an oldy, but at that time it was very cool (you can't find good info on wikipedia about that chip). But still current is the i960. And going back: i860 was enormously cool. Anyway: just to point out that the ce5315 is not really odd. Intel has a lot of cpu's.
              Makes is present tense. i960 hasn't been produced since 2007 apparently and is definitely discontinued. ce5315 is odd because even intels lowest power tablets are 64Bit...and one area you might actually want 64Bit without lots of ram is a NAS due to robust filesystems (like ZFS) often using 64bit pointers.

Comment

Working...
              X